by William Shakespeare
A guest production by the Rude Mechanicals
Dark, moving, and haunting, Macbeth is the story of power and
powerlessness. The Rude Mechanicals take a fresh look at Shakespeare's
classic where "The Instruments of darkness tell is truths", and
the glimmers of sight are worse than knowing nothing at all.
August 15, 16, 22, and 23 at 8:00.
August 17 at 2:00
Ticket prices: $17 General Admission, $14 Students/Seniors/Military
In Our Gallery
"Patterns", a mixed media exhibit by Betsy Marks Delaney, through September 1
Pictured is "Encampment, Pennsic War"
Paid Postition - General Manager
Greenbelt Arts Center is seeking a paid General Manager.
This is a part-time position. Read the
Job description and how to apply.
Volunteer Box Office Manager Needed
and House Volunteers
Greenbelt Arts Center is looking for a Volunteer Box Office Manager
to helm our box office efforts. Benefits include getting to meet our
wonderful patrons, helping out your local theater, and complimentary
tickets to GAC events and productions.
Contact our General Manager.
- Comfortable with computers, cash/credit card sales, and
- Available 2-4 evenings/afternoons a month
- Available to schedule and train new box office assistants
- Will be comped tickets to GAC events when not working box office
- Background check may be necessary
Also looking for House Volunteers to serve as ushers and help patrons.
Get to see productions for free!
Auditions for Death by Design, by Rob Urbinati, will be held at the theater, on
Tuesday, August 26 and Wednesday, August 27, at 7:00. Callbacks, if needed will be Thursday, August 28.
Director Ann Lowe-Barrett is casting 4 men and 4 women, ages 20-70.
Rehearsals are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights.
Performances run November 7-23.
All roles are open and unpaid.
- (40s to 60s) The maid. Irish, crabby, warm-hearted.
- (20s to 40s) The chauffeur. Cockney, charming, clever. Has a roving eye for the ladies.
- Edward Bennett
- (40s to 60s) The playwright. Urbane, vain. Has an outsized notion of his writing ability.
- Sorel Bennett
- (40s to 60s) The actress. Glamorous, daffy. Has on outsized notion of her acting ability.
- Walter Pearce
- (40s to 60s) The politician. Stiff, conservative, thoroughly dislikable.
- (20s to 40s) The radical. Emphatic, fiery. Walter is the embodiment of everything he holds in contempt.
- Victoria Van Roth
- (30s to 50s) The Bohemian. Intense, artistic, and rather hypocritical.
- (20s to 40s) The visitor. Sweet, shy, blind as a bat.
Now on our sidebar. There's a lot there, see if something
piques your interest.
Greenbelt Arts Center programs are supported in part through grants from
the City of Greenbelt and the Maryland State Arts Council, and gifts from
other generous donors. We thank them for their continued support.
All shows start at 8pm unless otherwise stated. For reservations or more
information call 301-441-8770.
Greenbelt Arts Center, 123 Centerway, Greenbelt MD 20770
Have something to add to this site?
Have website comments?